A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Monday, February 4, 2008

dearly departed

So only 55 days now until Home Opener and I'm so excited for that big day, I don't know what to do with myself. I have my tickets already purchased, which is a good thing...have you seen what's left? Not much other than a few single seats.

Carmen and I have decided that we are going to have a candlelight vigil when we take down our 6' Jason Bartlett growth chart poster. I'm simply crushed that he is no longer a Twins player and really don't like to have to think about not seeing him, only two days in the season. That's a sad day in itself. So it'll be like we are having a funeral for someone close to us that Sunday before. In leiu of flowers, memorials can be sent to the Twins Community Fund, in hopes of building players who might not actually ever get traded.

Twinsfest was amazing, but it was a little bit too much of a teaser. It got me out of my Hockey mode and kicked in the Baseball mode. I don't like it...it's far too early, and it makes me even more anxious than I really should be. A few hockey games from the Wild have at least started to shift my attention back to Hockey for now, but I'm sure it'll switch back quickly.
A few awards that I have for some of the players at Twinsfest are as follows.

Nicest Twins Player: Scott Baker and Kevin Slowey (they tied). They are both quite possibly the nicest guys I've ever met. Very humble and down to earth guys who you'd like to be friends with.



Best Smelling Twins Player: Joe Nathan, no contest here. It was pretty much amazing.


Best Up and Coming Twins Player: Mark Hamburger (yes this is his name. He is super cool and also is a native Minnesotan).


Funniest Twins Player: Nick Punto. He didn't think Carmen was serious when she asked if he liked Ho-Ho's or Ding Dongs better. Silly kid. In case you're interested, he likes Ding Dongs, but any and all will do.

Nicest Newbie: Adam Everett (he makes it hard for me to hate him...since he'll most likely be our new SS)

Okay that's all for now

1 comment:

Mn Twins Tickets said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.