A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Friday, February 8, 2008

A Falling Star

What a sad night it was for the Wild...Nik Backstrom played amazing and looked like a brick wall that was not going to be able to be shaken...and then, the Stars scored in the third period. The announcers were talking about how it was a goalie's duel and that it would come down to the one who let a goal in that would lose it. Unfortunately, it was Nik.

I managed to flip channels between Twins and Wild last night so that I could catch some of Timmy's near no-no. I loved it, but it was also sad, because I got to see Jason Bartlett, who I am going to have to get used to not seeing once the season starts.

They showed the new Twins Territory commercial again last night on TV. I love it. It makes me laugh, especially with Tom Kelly making an appearance in the commercial. I can't wait until the other commercials are up and rolling on our TV's weekly! Only a little over a week now before our beloved Twins (pitchers and catchers) report to Spring Training! That means baseball season is getting even closer to starting. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy having hockey in the off-season, but for some reason, I'm really missing my Twins and am anxoius for Twins season to start back up!

Tomorrow marks Hockey Day Minnesota on our calendars! I can't wait. It would have been better if I would have managed to score tickets to the Wild game against NY Islanders. I guess I'll just have to deal with watching them, and my goalie boyfriend for the Islanders (Rick DiPietro) on TV tomorrow instead of being there live.

Not much else to report. I'll try to get a new post up soon.

I'm going to give out a B.O.T.D (Boyfriend of the day) award for today. It goes to: Mikko Koivu, my Wild boyfriend. He's been doing amazing with the Wild lately, and I love seeing him on TV! GO MIKKO!

No comments: