A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Friday, July 18, 2008

The Navy Doesn't Fail!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I'm out of town right now, but I did manage to watch tonight's game while instead I was supposed to be entertained by a music festival. What a great win for Glen and the Twins! Good job Glen! Way to make the Navy jerseys proud.
I tried willing the tv to show me Kevin Slowey, but it never wanted to show me him. It was slightly depressing...but the win helped me get over it!
Tonight a older gentleman asked a guy next to me how the Twins did yesterday, to which I responded and said they didn't play. He didn't believe me. I am fighting with that man...and if I ever see him again, I'll tell him. I know my Twins schedule! Same with the rotation!
I tried willing the Twins to do just well enough so that I could see Joe Nathan to boot in the Navy, but I guess a win and Navy jerseys were all they could muster up for me.
Props to Delmon Young for having a 4-4 night, Casilla kicked some major ass too and a couple of the boys got clutch hits when we needed them. They had way more hits than runs to show for it, but that's okay, we still had plenty to win and shut out Texas in game 1.

Well...it may be a couple more days before I blog again cause I am out of town until mid-Sunday, but I'll try to get on before then.

No comments: