A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Two Hit Wonder...Wonder How They Won?

GLEN PERKINS HAS A TWIN
Two hits. That's all I've got to say. It's depressing to think that the boys couldn't muster up enough runs to over take the 1 run that Texas managed to score off of their two hits the entire time Scott Baker was in. Three total hits, if you count the one that Joe Nathan gave up in the 9th inning. We had just as many hits as they did, but did we get any that were run producing? NOPE. We left Timmy high and dry the entire game.

My mother tried to tell me that they scored all their runs on Saturday night when they slaughtered Texas and scored 14 runs. I told her she was wrong, that they would still be able to give Timmy enough runs for him to get a win, Timmy is a great pitcher. He's going to kick some ass. Sadly, I was wrong.

Hear that, Mom.

I WAS WRONG. YOU WERE RIGHT.

Thanks, boys, for helping my mom with getting me to admit when I'm wrong. I'll take the blame for the loss.

So I've decided that we should be able to have bad games/losses "Eternal Sunshined"* out of our minds. (*For those of you who don't know what this is in reference to; there is a movie called "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". They erase people's memories. Rent it and stop living under a rock.)

We shouldn't have to bare the pain of losses alone. We should be able to live in denial instead. It's much more fun!

TONIGHT: Nick Blackburn, I won't take anything other than a win from you. Go with your game face on and kick some Yankee ass! Show Sidney Ponson why Minnesota kicked him to the curb and let his sorry ass go. Same goes for the batters. Batters, your mission tonight (should you choose to accept): Take Sidney Ponson DOWN!

Pretty pictures of the day: CJ Wilson gets today. Sorry, boys. I still love you, but CJ is pretty, and the Rangers did beat you yesterday.
See...he's pretty.

No comments: