A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Survival of the Fittest

A big congratulations goes out to Mr. Nick Blackburn for being the Burn to survive in yesterdays game. I knew he had it in him. To be quite honest, I listened to the part of the game that was on during my time at work (so until 5pm) and then in my 5 minute drive home I forgot about the game, and didn't remember again about it until they were in the bottom of the 8th inning (almost the end of the inning). I guess I couldn't put a whole lot of excitment in the win since it was against Seattle, and we still had to put up quite a fight to get that win. Kind of sad boys.
Boys, maybe you should rent a couple chick flicks and have a good cry. Chick flicks are good mood shifters. They make you sad when you're happy, and lonely when you're sad...and ultra happy when your happy. It's great! Get a good cry in, and then be ready to take on KC tomorrow.
You don't need to play MN nice with KC. Remember they got 2 games out of three against Chicago (thankfully!) and they also won 1 against Boston. We can't do anything about them being 11.5 games behind. They are not going to bring that up enough to matter to anything, so we might as well beat them. It's the MN nice thing to do. Be hungry for those wins and for crying out loud...give Kevin Slowey some run support so that he can get another win! You all know that he has a problem with those long balls. SUPPORT boys!

Okay, my rant is done for the day. I'm still crabby even after the win, but I won't vent any more.

OFF DAY today...maybe pictures or something fun tomorrow...who knows!

No comments: