A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Blah Hum-Bug!

Okay, so I have been in such a crap blogging mood lately. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the Twins haven't been winning much as of late. It's mega depressing. I was excited for the win we got on Friday night (which I witnessed in person, so yes, it really did happen) and I thought we were going to have a win Saturday as well, but once again, the bullpen failed us and we crapped out. I even made a comment I NEVER make on Saturday night, I said, "I want Boof in!" That never comes out of my mouth.
Well the good news of the blogging-woes, I have a great story from after the hideous game on Saturday. I attended the KTIS Faith and Family night post-game concert. I figured they'd have a couple players again this year that would talk (the had Lew Ford, and Matthew LeCroy last year)...I didn't have too high of hopes (because of who they had last year). In the back of my mind, I figured Scott Baker would be there, because I know he's a Christian and when I asked what he does before he pitches, he said that he prayed. Well, low and behold besides Scott Baker, Adam Everett was there (which I sort of felt a tiny bit bad about booing him the night before...I'm not his biggest fan)...but then much to my surprise and excitement, KEVIN SLOWEY was also there. They all spoke about their faith, which was mega cool. I have video of Scott Baker and Kevin Slowey talking (see videos I'm attaching).
It was also cool that Scott Baker (his wife, and little boy Elijah) and Kevin Slowey also stuck around to hear Matthew West. They get bonus points from me. I didn't think it was possible for me to like them more. I was wrong.




Videos wouldn't upload here, so I put them on Youtube...i'll post links soon!
Kevin Slowey faith story
Scott Baker faith story

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious that you said you wanted boof in. My sister said for one game "well im so glad Boof is coming in" and I was like yep you'll never say that again. haha oh boof! also super cool that those guys were at the KTIS thing thats a really wonderful thing to see!

Mrs. Slowey said...

Yeah, I don't ever say that comment! For some reason my boy likes Boof, and I can't figure out why. It must just be because his name is fun to say...loudly!
Yeah, it was really neat to hear them talk about their faith. It was a great surprise!