A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Give Me An "A"...

Okay, so I know, I know, it's been way too damn long. My creative mind has been too wrapped up in hockey this off season to think about what I could write for baseball. But as you all know, baseball is back baby! I was elated on Monday and constantly professing to my co-workers "Happy Home Opener"! To which most responded by giving me funny looks. Also, when I mentioned that day deserved cupcakes or cookies, I got even funnier looks. I think my co-workers think I am crazy. I may be, but that's beside the point.

Well, home opener sucked. There is no other words to describe this. When fans start cheering (loudly I might add) over the wave making it around the entire building, you know that the game is 1. boring, 2. at a loss, 3. hopeless. In case you didn't watch the horror, we lost to SEATTLE 6-1. Seattle, the team that got Carlos Silva 2 years ago, and that sucked monkey balls last year. HOW DID WE LOSE TO SEATTLE?!?! Last night, I thought we were going to see a repeat performance of the suckage. I don't entirely blame those "fans" who left early (which I NEVER do, because you never know with our MN boys). Last night's display was not as dreary as opener. We were not down by 5 runs, we were mainly only down by 1-2 runs. Not terrible. When Seattle scored in the top of the 9th, I was losing more hope for a come back. When the Twins went down 2 outs, even more hope. But then Gomez walked (if you followed this Twins, this was enough of a shocker for you...since Gomez was the "fly by the seat of his pants" guy last year...and swung at EVERYTHING.) (PS...Congrats to Go-go on the patience he learned over the winter.) , Kubel (who was supposed to get a home run) got walked, and then Brian Buscher came up...and ALSO walked!
I think it was the luck of the Irish, or something that Seattle's third baseman did not get Span out when he chipped it to him...or that the third baseman didn't get ANYONE out with that little bloop hit, RIGHT to him. And then Casilla knocks a blooper hit into center to let us pull an A.N.A.L. cheer and "come from behind!"

My side notes of the game are this: I have never in my knowledge of Brian Buscher thought he was cute, not even remotely attractive. He just doesn't do it for me. It's nothing against him. Last night however, the newly sprouted facial hair (beard resembling Joe Mauer's from last year), was working for him. It definitely bumped up his attractiveness some. It kind of freaked me out, I'm not going to lie. Who knew that facial could make someone somewhat more attractive. If I am able to locate pictures, I will post them as soon as I can.
Another side note: I'm still not sold on Joe Crede. He hasn't let me SEE him do anything impressive. I didn't see the great catch he made last night, and I didn't see him get on base (which, yes I know he did). Where is this powerhouse that the Twins got? I want to see that. Make me like you, Joe Crede and not still think that you should be a Crap Sox player instead.

Up tonight is my beloved Kevin Slowey. If you need some good entertainment in your life, check out his brother's blog Blogonoscopy (which is a riot). He's completely random, plus you get to check out behind-the-scenes photos of Kev. It couldn't be better.

As soon as I get my camera back, I'll post my photos from opener. Until next time (which won't be as long, I swear!)

No comments: