A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Twilight Zone?

Okay, last night while watching the game, I was either hit over the head or imagining things. There was a guy on the Jays that looked like a dimple-less Cuddy. I'm not gonna lie, it freaked me out. Every time he was up to bat, I wondered who I was seeing...Cuddy or Hill. (if you saw the game on TV, it was much easier to see the resemblance than in the picture MLB has.)
Now for some comparisons:
Full Name: Michael Brent Cuddyer
Born: 03/27/1979
Birthplace: Norfolk, VA
Height: 6' 2" Weight: 215
Bats: Right
Throws: Right
College: N/A
MLB Debut: 09/23/2001

Full Name: Aaron Walter Hill
Born: 03/21/1982
Birthplace: Visalia, CA
Height: 5' 11" Weight: 205
Bats: Right
Throws: Right
College: Louisiana State
MLB Debut: 05/20/2005
I don't know about you, but the sunglasses picture...I think it's Cuddy...the one with the "J" on his hat...not the "M". I wonder if Cuddy forgot what team he played for.
Maybe Cuddy dialed back to spring training and remembered being a winning team and not a losing one. 3-5?! This is not the Twins of Spring. What happened to the great offense AND defense. I'll give them credit for the good defense last night (minus Delmon Young...I think he gained all Boof's lost weight in the off-season and now runs slower than Derek Boogaard skates.). I know Kevin shouldn't have given up the 2 home runs he did, but hey, we ALL know he gives up at least a home run a game. I still love him, regardless. Maybe if the Twins bats were all producing during the SAME inning for a change, we could have muster up 3 more runs and beat the Blue Jays (who have now beat us 10 of the last times we've faced them...boys, tonight, let's not make it 11.)

I found it kind of funny that the day after my post about R.A. Dickey (and what the R.A. stood for) Bert made a point of telling all the TV viewers what it actually stood for. It made me laugh.

I will be making it out to another Twins game soon...if not this weekend, the Rays series at the end of the month will be in my forecast. I definitely need to see Jason Bartlett. Although, I don't think Kevin will be pitching in either of the two games I'm considering, I still need to get a Jason fix in since it's the only time we'll see the Rays this season again. Good thing the boyfriend has a birthday coming up. It gives me an excuse to pay full price for lower level seats. YAY birthdays! (And me remembering the boyfriends because it's 2 days after Kevin Slowey's...good times.)

No comments: