A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Kev, Carve Up Another Win

Thankfully, yesterday Jake Peavy told the White Sucks how much they suck and turned down the trade between San Diego and Chicago. I like Jake Peavy, he's a good pitcher. I don't want to have to hate him automatically because he goes to Chicago. Besides, why, oh why, would anyone want to play for them? I just don't understand. Granted I don't understand why players want to play for the Yankees either (then again...they just play for money, so that's why.)

I didn't like the one stat I came across on the Star Tribune's site: "Sunday's starter, Scott Baker, ranks among the AL leaders with 10 home runs allowed, and the Brewers rank among the leaders in home runs." Timmy...let's throw everyone off and NOT give up a home run Sunday...great. Thanks!

More after tonights game...Last post until next weekend. Don't miss me too much after tomorrow!

2 comments:

S.Rail said...

Whoa! Is that a real picture of kevin slowey with pumpkins?! :D

I like Jake Peavy too. I am so glad he didn't go to the sox. I mean, who really wants to go there anyways?

For The Love... said...

Sorry for the late response...yes, that is in fact Kevin (the real one)...carving pumpkins. I "borrowed" it from his brother's blog site.