A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

So Nick Blackburn apparently said after the game yesterday "I felt like I was walking on glass and it was just a matter of time before the A's batters caught up with me." I didn't think it seemed as if he pitched poorly yesterday....granted I was just listening to it on the radio, but still. They tell it how it is.

3 Stars of the Game:

1. Joe Crede (3 run home run)
2. Justin Morneau (2-4)
3. Nick Blackburn (8 scoreless innings)

I thought for sure the Twins had 3 out of 4 games going for them against Oakland...and then in the 9th inning our bullpen came through for the other team again and allowed us to win in the 9th. I hate losing in the 9th. It's so defeating and so irritating because of the fact that we did SO well the rest of the game only to cough it up at the very last moment.
Boys, let's not do this again.

I was very happy when they sent Casilla to AAA instead of Tolbert when they activated Nicky. I think the Twins are better off keeping Tolbert over Casilla. I like Tolbert better for more reasons than him being better looking than Casilla. He can play 2nd, 3rd or shortstop for us...Casilla only plays 2nd base. Now with Nicky, Tolbert and Brendan in our line up...we have three guys that can play three different positions. Plus Crede at 3rd, and Brian Buscher being able to play 3rd or 1st. I think we have good options for our infield...hell Nicky and Tolbert have both played outfield as well! Who knows...maybe they'll be like Cuddy and try their hand out at center field if Span is out too much longer! I'd be entertained!

Today: Kevin Slowey is facing the Cubs! I love interleague play...it means pitchers hit! I enjoy watching them hit...it's always entertaining...though I will miss not seeing Glen Perkins hit. He's the most entertaining of them all.

Go Twins!!

No comments: