A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Hop on The Slow Ride...

Maybe Kevin Slowey's new last name should be Outman rather than the dude on Oakland. He's was a strike out machine! I was very impressed and it was great for Kevin to get the win and allow me to gloat to my buddy in IL who LOVES the Cubbies. It was a great!Milton Bradley, base running bloop, lost a ball in the sun, dove for a ball and it went under him...and then...must have thought there was 2 outs...so he caught a fly ball....posed and then...threw it into the fans. Only...there was only 1 out. Go Milton Bradley. I wonder if he decided to play for the Twins half way through the game. Nonetheless, it provided good entertainment for me. Milton also made ESPN's "Not So Top 10 Plays"...with two of his baseball playing blunders. It was awesome...it made me laugh. I couldn't believe that he didn't count the number of outs...especially when they usually show the bull horns after 2 outs, Milton!
Friday's 3 Stars of the Game:
1. Kevin Slowey
2. Joe Mauer
3. Brendan Harris


So I meant to post this yesterday, and not Sunday...late at night. So now, I'm combining Friday and Saturday's games...and will post stuff about today's game tomorrow (since it's an off day).

Saturday...I was highly impressed by Swarzak's performance. I would have never been able to guess that he was going to let me watch the game and also still get the win. Since I've been back Swarzak hasn't won a game. He has sucked it up, and I was really wondering if what they were saying about him being a good pitcher and having good outings were a figment of everyone's imagination, or if he actually was a good pitcher. Finally Saturday proved to me that he can be great!
It was also nice to see that the boys could get 2 road wins in a row. I was amazed and super happy because it gave me gloading points again. It was fun to write "Let's Go Mauer" on his wall on facebook. Unfortunate for me...he likes Mauer because he's got him on his fantasy team. Damn...oh well! The boys still won and the cubs still didn't! Happy day in Twins Territory. Even just watching the games from home on my TV, it felt like the Twins were at home rather than on the road. There were more cheers for Joe Mauer and the Twins scoring runs and doing well than there were for the real home team. How great must that have been for the players?!

So, I was a bit upset toward the end of the game. Joe Nathan was in pitching in the 9th...and the one pitch he made (which should have been a strike to produce an out) got called a ball and got not just 1, but then another guy on...when there were runners at 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs...and Joe Nathan aparently not knowing what strikes were, I was very worried. Finally and THANK GOD, Joe Nathan got the final out of the 9th. Joe did tell the announcers after the game that the ump came up to him and admited that he missed the call on the one he ruled a ball. It should have actually been a strike.

Saturday's 3 Stars of the Game:
1. Joe Mauer
2. Anthony Swarzak
3. Joe Nathan

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I was just glad that they took 2 out of 3 this weekend.
I think Milty went home and drank on friday night. I know that's what I'd do if I screwed up that much.

For The Love... said...

I would have went home and drank if I were him! lol