A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Monday, June 8, 2009

It's Not Nice To Hit Others!

Once again, the Twins fell apart and couldn't win. Instead they lost by one run again. ONE lousy home run given up by none other than our bullpen. One home run that cost us the game...making us continue to SUCK on the road. It's just starting to make me mad at this point. It's getting ridiculous. What do we need to do to start a winning streak on the road?

Did you know:
There have been 40 times this season Delmon Young has struck out. He's played in 35 games and had 120 at bats. Sad. He has more strike outs than hits, rbi's, total bases he's taken. In his career...he's had 299 strike outs, and played 379 games. There are just so many reasons to not like Delmon Young. I'm not sure if the Twins didn't look at this stat when they decided to trade Matt Garza and Jason Bartlett for DELMON YOUNG. I like Brendan Harris and am glad we got him...but Delmon Young. I still don't understand that one.

While I was watching the game, I thought I was hearing things...Bert made a comment about Oakland's relief pitcher Wuertz being a '97 graduate from Austin High School in Austin, MN. I wasn't sure I heard him right, so I went to the A's site and looked for myself. Sure enough Michael Wuertz, a relief pitcher from Oakland, graduated from the high school I went to, and graduated 2 years before me. I am now curious if I knew him in high school. I'm not good with names...and I know that people change (looks) between high school and "real life"...most of my classmates look a lot different from when we were in high school together that I probably wouldn't recognize most of them. I also wonder if my brother knows him. He graduated between my brother and myself. I'm originally from a small town, so I'm tweaking out a bit by this information. No one makes it from my home town.

3 Stars of the Game:
1. Joe Mauer (he was super classy when he went to make sure the batter was okay after Swarzak hit him in the helmet. I like classy. Plus Joe went 2-4.)
2. Brendan Harris (he had some great fielding plays...yes, I know he also had an error, but overall he did decent.)
3. Josh Outman (guess his name really does say it all.)

Tonight: Another late road game. I hope I have enough energy to stay awake for a second night in a row watching the Twins. I'm also hoping the outcome will be in the Twins' favor tonight rather than the disappointing turn to Oakland.

2 comments:

The Scruffy Rube said...

Outmaaaaaaaan!!!!
*Shakes fist in the air*

For The Love... said...

Hey, I didn't want to give him a star, but he did do good. it's just unfortunate it was against us! I hate giving stars to the other team.
The Twins should know this!!