A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Those Are Fighting Words, Mr. Lee

Alright, I'm not sure what it was that the Twins were playing last night...but it wasn't good. I was quite disappointed in a 6-0 deficit in the 3rd inning. It didn't give me much motivation to continue watching the game. I'm not going to lie...I left my house and watched the beginning and the end of the game. It's good to know that I didn't miss anything, well other than Go-Gomez almost getting into a fight with Cliff Lee (which on replays, it was entertaining...I wonder if he speaks in English to Cliff Lee or Spanish...)

I don't feel like I can hand out 3 stars of the game last night, because quite frankly, I hate giving them to the opposing team, but here goes nothing.

3 Stars of the Game:
1. Cliff Lee
2. Jhonny Peralta
3. Denard Span (hey, he's the only Twins player to get 2 hits in the game!)

I fully believe that our bullpen was trying to take out Shoppach. Dickey hits him, Ayala hits him. If he (Shoppach) were like that baby Mark Teixeira, he'd claim that we were intentionally trying to hit him, and then need a Kleenex to get through the night. Thankfully, nobody is as big of a baby as Mark Teixeira. It amused me how much he cried about getting hit by Texas' pitcher...his former teammate nonetheless. Gosh, he is definitely a good fit in a New York Yankees uniform. No wonder he signed there.

Now onto my 3 SUCKS of the Game: (yup, they deserve these...)
1. Alexi Casilla (he's SO still on my list...and digging a deeper hole.)
2. Jesse Crain (how many more runs could he have given up?)
3. Anthony Swarzek (I hadn't seen him pitch yet (cause both games were while I was gone...guess I wasn't missing much, huh?)

No comments: