A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Walk-offs Hot Streak

Well that'll teach me to fall asleep on my couch and then again in bed while watching the Twins. The first time I fell asleep, I woke up and the Twins were still down 3-2, so I got up, and went to bed with the TV still on. Figured I could fall asleep in bed while watching the game...I then woke up to Crede running to third base...well I heard it anyway and thought it was funny since Crede doesn't run fast...ever. Then the next thing I remember was the announcers saying how the Twins took the lead. I was a bit confused because I knew they were trailing the last I had heard. I missed Kubel's walk-off home run, thus continuing his "hot" streak. Kubel even hit his home run off the guy from my home town.

Can I just say how happy I am that after today we are headed away from the West coast? I am tired of having to stay up super late to catch the game and then feeling like I haven't slept all week because of how late the games go at night. Thankfully, today is a day game (though I could stay up as late as I want tonight since I don't work tomorrow), and tomorrow we are in Chicago. I wish I could be there tomorrow afternoon. Instead I'll be sitting on my couch enjoying Kevin pitching and hiting (boy, my mind is really in the gutter right now and that statement just sounded really bad!!)

Wednesday's 3 Stars of the Game:
1. Jason Kubel (come on, he got a walk off home run to tie the game at 3!)
2. Mike Redmond (he went 2-3, which is good for him and got walked once. He never actually does good when I'm watching him...go figure.)
3. Matt Tolbert (he's pleading his case to stay here (as am I!). He went 1-2 with 2 walks...plus he helped turn a double play (which I did see!))

Oh please Twins front office...when bringing Nicky Punto off the DL after today's game...please please send Alexi Casilla down and not Matt Tolbert. Tolbert is WAY better and plus WAY cuter!!!

More after the game today. Go Nick Blackburn!! Let's keep that wining streak going! Make it 3 (then 4 after tomorrow's game)! Bring to road wins up so we are not at the bottom anymore. That'd be nice.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

1. I woke up at 2 am to shut my windows because it was raining and said well, might as well check espn to see if the Twins lost, and they didn't! I was so excited! Probably more excited than a person should be at 2am.
2. Yes! Keep Matty Tolbert because he is way better looking than Alexei Casilla could ever hope to be.

For The Love... said...

Isn't it great to find out what you least expect (aka...twins wining two in a row on the road)!? I loved it.

Let's petition for Matty. I know a few more people too who would sign off on him over Casilla too!