A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Bucket List

So I don't have much to say about last night's game, frankly because I am quite disappointed to see them lose that game that I thought for sure was in the bag when Joe Nathan came in. I squeeled so loudly when Punto couldn't field that ball in the 9th (that score the tie run) and Casilla didn't back up the play well enough that I'm sure my neighbors loved me! Yelling "NO!!!" at the top of your lungs at 12:30 am, probably doesn't go over well with people.

I didn't think that the Twins played poorly last night. I think they kept up with the Angels (well with the exception of how fast those Angels can run). Timmy did decent in his outing and got out of a few jambs without being scathed too much.

I wasn't however disappointed to see Buscher out of the lineup because it meant that Harris got to play, who I prefer over Buscher any day! So this is for you Brian Buscher...it's good to see you're feeling better. Here's a bucket in case you need it though.

3 Stars of the Game:
1. Jason Kubel (showed us again that running is indeed stupid.)
2. Joe Mauer (3 for 4...good outing for Joe)
3. Matt Guerrier (he's still being a all-star and doing great! At least he held the game and didn't allow any runs.)

Disappointments of the game:
1. JOE NATHAN

Still on my shit list even though he's back:
1. Jesse Crain

Thank you...that is all.

No comments: