A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Drink Up Me Harties, Yo HO!

So after watching part of the re-air of Tuesday nights game late Wednesday night, I have decided that Go-Gomez needs to have the Jackson 5's "ABC" or "Want You Back" as his at bat music. He's got the hair for it...and I'm fairly certain when saying...I think he probably has the moves for it to. It would definitely compete with Nicky's old song "Thriller"...and it may win, hands down.Another note about walk-on music...I figured out Cuddy's! (Finally)...it's The Champ by Whiskey Falls. Download it...it's pretty good...and don't let the soft ballad-like intro fool you. It'll get rockin'. Now to figure out Joe Crede's. (If anyone knows his, please let me know...)

I was thrilled with (and called) the sweep of the White Sux. I was also thrilled to have AJ pinch hit late in the game so Katie and I could bust out our Anti-AJ cheers...and loudly. We were elated to have a gentleman behind us who despised AJ as much as we did. We contemplated asking him to join us in our "Who Hates AJ" cheers...but we passed.

I do have pictures from Wednesday night's game, but I have no internet at home and I currently have no idea where my camera's usb cord is (I just got finished moving all my crap up 2 flights of stairs to the third floor of my building). Hopefully I'll remember to look for the cord at lunch, otherwise everyone will have to wait until Monday to see these pictures. (I have no cable or internet until Friday of next week...sadly that means no Twins either since I don't have an antenea to watch Sunday's game with.)

It was such an honor to be blessed with Brian Duensing as the last minute stand in for Fran on Wednesday night. Since he is currently my back-up for Kevin Slowey (since Slowey is on the DL until the end of the season), I needed to be ensured that I would get my baseball boyfriend fix when I was at the game. Thank you baseball gods for hurting Liriano so he couldn't pitch...and for Duensing wearing the White jersey allowing me to go back to my appreication of the Navy.
Now back to your originally scheduled program...3 stars of the game.

Wednesday Night's 3 Stars of the Game:
1. Brian Duensing (sure he didn't get the win, but he pitched an outstanding 5 innings and only gave up 2 runs.)
2. Denard Span (2 for 3 at the plate and was great all around!)
3. Alexi Casilla (yeah I know he got the RBI for the go-ahead run, but I make the rules here and I still don't like him well enough to give him #1 Star of the game.)

Boys...just a note to you. Lose a series again...I'll take away stars for 4 games; keep winning and we'll all be happy.

No comments: