Nick Blackburn, with his win, also helped us to mark another milestone in this year's season...we are now 3 games over .500! Outstanding, boys!! I'm glad we could get ourselves to be within two games of those filthy Tigers. We just need to keep throwing punches and get ourselves into the first place in our division! I know they can do it.
Sunday's 3 Stars of the Game:
1. Nick Blackburn (3rd complete game, out of his last 4 games pitched)
2. Justin Morneau (big home run and went 2-4 during the game!)
3. Jason Kubel (he went 2-4 and his misread on the hit-and-run was a little off, but he still did good)
Saturday was a excellent game. I was happy to be a part of the crowd and get to enjoy the show. At first when they showed the starting lineups, I wasn't thrilled that Brian Buscher was in the lineup (Delmon at DH, and Buscher at 3rd). I did understand why Buscher was in at 3rd, since Crede is fragile and played for 16 innings the night before. Buscher decided that he needed to impress me. He made a very Nicky Punto-like play and flew to catch a ball. Go here to see the outstanding play. I hoped for his sake that he would make ESPN's web gems or top plays, but I was doubtful, since ESPN likes to play favorites! All in all, it was a superb game and Katie and I had tons of fun...
Saturday's 3 Stars of the Game:
1. Justin Morneau (he was only a triple away from hitting for the cycle and being the 3rd player for the Twins to do that this year...but still went 4-4.)
2. Nick Punto (he was using Mike Redmond's bat that day...see here and went 2 for 3)
3. Michael Cuddyer (he got a home run to get the scoring going for the Twins!)
Now: Time for pictures from Saturday night...they are backwards, so end of the game, to warm ups for the pitchers is the order. Captions below. Enjoy!
Katie and I