A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Lone Star State

So I was trying to figure out if I should really blog about this weekends series against the Rangers since I was in Milwaukee for the entire weekend and only saw about half the game on Sunday night...I haven't completely decided. I don't know that I can give accurate intel on the game or not, so bare with me.

Friday's 3 Stars of the Game:
1. Carlos Gomez (bringing up that average with 2-3 night!)
2. Justin Morneau (also went 2-3...it was hard deciding between him and Go-Gomez who got #1!)
3. Jason Kubel (2 for 4 with a home run!)

Saturday's 3 Stars of the Game:
1. Scott Baker (8 innings and only 1 run...good job Timmy!)
2. Michael Cuddyer (2 for 4 with a home run)
3. Carlos Gomez (2 for 4 as well! Good job, Go-Gomez!)

honorable mention: Jason Kubel for his stolen base! lol...those don't happen often!

Sunday's 3 Stars of the Game:
1. Nicky Punto (how can I not give him #1 star with his first home run of the season?)
2. Delmon Young (went 2-4 and somewhat surprised me with getting clutch hits.)
3. Matty Guerrier (I don't think people give him enough credit for how great he's been doing all season)


10 Betsy notes:

1. Bert Blyleven should continuously pick Alexi Casilla as his "Pick the Stick"...he's going to do horrible anyway, so might as well not affect the rest of the team...plus I don't like him, so I'd like him sent back to Triple-A. Yes, this may not seem fair or right, but I just don't understand what Matty Tolbert did wrong to be sent down for someone who has already had 2 strikes against him this season.

2. It's fun to banter and smack talk teams such as the Brewers, White Sux and Cubs when you are not in your home teams' state.


3. I like it when Scott Baker wears the Navy jerseys...he looks cute in them.

4. I don't like when Liriano wears the Navy jerseys...he gives them a bad name.

5. I love the commerical Scott Baker did. He looks so serious it makes me giggle.


6. I can turn most conversations into something baseball related.

7. Miller Park is cool, but not as cool as Target Field is going to be.
8. If ever in doubt...always wear your Twins hat proudly!

9. I like Ian Kinsler and CJ Wilson, but not when they do well against us.

10. I don't like losing in extra innings.

4 comments:

S.Rail said...

Comments on your notes :)

1. Bert does do pretty bad at that game! And What did Tolby do wrong?! I was so saddend to hear the news!

3. Scott Baker is not as cute in the Navy Jerseys as Slowey, but pretty close!

4. Liriano needs to learn how to throw a strike...and not wear navy

6. Same here!

7. Target Field. Drove by it this week and it is awesome!

8. Will Do!

9. Kinsler...He cheated on us last night.

10. I wish there was a "like" button on here like on Facebook.

Betsy said...

I agree that Baker isn't quite as cute in the navy, but he's a very close second! Plus with Kev on the DL, it's nice to have someone wearing it.
I am looking forward to Thurday...I have my audition downtown for Timberwolves dancer and I plan to take my camera with and get a good pic of the stadium!
and your comment to #10 made me giggle too... :)

Heidi said...

1. I cried a little bit on the inside when Tolby got sent down.
6. Its true, but then people look at me like I'm some kind of freak because they don't know what I'm talking about.
8. Twins apparel is always appropriate, even when you're in a foreign land. Gotta represent! Though, where I live it usually ends up in ridicule by white sux fans.
9. I can't be angry at Ian Kinsler. He's too adorable.

Betsy said...

Heidi- I was hoping it was going to be Morales, or that Casilla really wasn't coming back. I dislike him.
I got laughed at this weekend for how often I could turn something into a Twins related story. :) It was fun.
Yeah, my friend told me I'd get beat up if I wore my Twins cowboy hat to Country Thunder...I wish I would have. They sold White Sux, Cubs and Brewers cowboy hats...but no Twins!
I like Ian Kinsler...but I'm just mad he made us lose...I don't like losing. :(