A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's One Of Those Weeks!


So I've been kind of a slacker lately. What can I say? My only excuse is that I've been incredibly busy with work, so my blog fell by the wasteland. This is not to say that I haven't been watching the Twins. No, quite honestly I've been watching them. Well, Sunday for a while, I won't lie...I flipped between Twins and football. That damn shiny object known as football is a killer sometimes.

It's kind of fitting that I should write after the great win today by Nick Blackburn, because this marks win #4 in a row...which means: 3 Stars of the Game are BACK! I love giving these stars out, so it's nice to see them back with a 4 game winning streak.

Today's game wasn't on TV, but it was quite a good game. Michael Cuddyer was back to his rock star self (I think it was the promise of Skittles from Katie tonight that made him want to be a star.) and Nick Blackburn did good starting pitching. I'm just going to get to the good part here already: the 3 Stars of the Game.

3 Stars of the Game:
1. Michael Cuddyer (Cuddy went 3 for 4 with 3 RBI's and his 26th home run this season)
2. Joe Mauer (Joe went 2 for 3 with 2 RBI's)
3. Jose Morales (Jose also went 2 for 3 with 1 RBI)

Honorable mention: Nick Blackburn. Nick pitched 6 innings with only 2 ER's. Mr. Pumpkin Tits pitched well and I'm proud of him!


Last night, Katie and I and a couple other friends were in the HR porch at the game. It was such a blast and I'm glad we got to witness a win. We brought our own makeshift "Fun Flask" and decided that if anyone got a home run, we'd take a shot. Thanks to Orlando Cabrera, we took a shot of vodka during the game. Not my favorite thing to do, but I would have been willing to repeat it if anyone else from the Twins would have followed suit. I was willing take one for the team.

Denard Span apparently doesn't like to waive at fans during the game. I'm not sure if it was just me making him nervous when I waived at him or what, but he never waived back at me. One day, I will get one of our outfielders to waive back at me. Until then, I'll just have fun trying.

Now: pictures from the game...and Unplugged. Enjoy.
our prizes from bean bag tossMe and Matty Guerrier
Cuddy's awesome shirt!
One of the douchebags that sells the autographs he gets...
Joe Nathan looking dreamy Matty G is awesome!
Cuddy's little guy...SO cute!
CuddyThe rockstar signing my ball!

Game Pics:
Joe Nathan
Fun flask fun... :)
Me waiving at Denard
Denard
Pow wow in the infieldBobby Krappel signing autographs~Nick Blackburn warming upBusted by NickyOur tribute to Nicky

2 comments:

Topper said...

Did he see the pumpkins you lined up?

I wish I could go to unplugged, looks like fun!

Betsy said...

If he noticed...he didn't say anything. :(

Unplugged was so much fun! There are more pics on my fb page too