A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

All In A Year

Okay, so I'm sad that Twins baseball is over for the season. I would have liked baseball season to keep me nourished for a few more months (yes, I am aware that even if the Twins would have gone to the World Series baseball wouldn't fill in until Spring Training started...not even close.) . It all just feels too bittersweet...this ending. I hoped that even though our future looked dismal, facing the Yankees in the first round of the playoffs, that we would some how be able to surpass the Evil Empire and take them down. I was let down. The Twins let me down, TBS let me down (in case you didn't watch the games on TBS, they were ridiculously biased toward the Yankees...and showed only replays of Yankees games/plays.), I was let down by the umpires and their lack of good calls. Yes, I was really let down.

I am still saying that I believe that the poor call from the umpire Phil Cuzzi cost us the game. He missed a fly ball of Joe Mauer's that was about a foot inside the foul line (even after hitting the outfielders glove!)...instead Joe got a base hit, which was good, but a double with the next couple at bats would have scored him, rather than leaving him at third base where he would never see home. That would have been the run that kept us tied in the game after Mark Texieria hit a solo shot in the bottom of the 9th. Now would the Twins have been able to still duke it out and win a tied game? I'm going to side with yes, they would have. I don't care if you don't believe me, or agree with me. This is my opinion. No one else's.

Here's a cool send-off to the Metrodome video from ESPN:


Here however is the one that almost made me cry at the Dome when the game was over on Sunday night and I realized it was my last game there as well (yes, I know besides Vikings games):


Now enjoy some pictures from Game 3 of the ALDS 2009...the Final game at the Metrodome for Twins baseball!
The new and improved "Yankees=Evil Empire" signView from the 2nd to last row in center field on the upper level!If you look closely, you'll notice Joey Highsocks (aka, Joe Crede!)The line ups for both teamsThe lady with the crazy Metrodome hatThe last Metrodome field runner! He was the best I ever got to see!


And a bonus photo! courtesy of Joenathan.com (from baseball unplugged 2009 with Michael Cuddyer, Joe Nathan and Matt Guerrier)
I got in one of the pics (I'm in the teal sweater next to the host)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Now actually getting to watch the full video from after the game on Sunday, damn lol It was tough Sunday, but actually hearing it makes it worse lol

Betsy said...

I know!! i was sitting at my desk watching it and i almost cried!!

Heidi said...

:) Joey High-socks! Dang! I'm going to miss baseball!

Betsy said...

me too, Heidi! and it's only been since Sunday!