A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let's Hope It's Not The End...Of The World

It's sad really that the Twins season is already over. I know, some may think that it's gone on long enough and they have set us up for failure and heartbreak too much already this year. Some may be looking forward to Target Field more than to sitting in the Metrodome any more this year, but honestly I didn't want to have watch a potential Yankees vs. Phillies World Series. Why, you ask? Well, the Phillies won the World Series last year, so really, do they need another victory? No. The Yankees...well I'm pretty certain that they harbor the anti-Christ and if they win the World Series, it would mean that the end of the world is upon us.
It's not wonder why A. Rod has to wear a hat or helmet...he's got to hide those horns of his. Right now I am holding out for a miracle and praying that God will let the Angels come back and beat the Yankees...I mean the Evil Empire. The Beast (A. Rod) needs to be throw into the lake of fire and sent back to where he came from.Do you believe in Angels? I know, I do. GO ANGELS!!

I really have way too much time on my hands now with Twins season being over and I know that baseball will be over even sooner for me if it becomes a Phillies/Yankees World Series. I'm pretty sure at that point, I will have post-season wiped from my brain all together.

This off-season, there will likely be not so many posts...I'll try to keep everyone up-to-date on the off-season Twins news. Let's hope this doesn't mean news of Nathan getting traded, because that will not make me happy and it will make me want to hunt Bill Smith down even more.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I believe in Angels! lol

Pretty sure if those two teams make it, I won't be watching the world series, I'm only tolerating the SpankMes now cause of who they are playing.

Heidi said...

I prefer to think of Nick Swisher as the devil, but A-Rod works, too!
Go Angels!

Betsy said...

I think Nick Swisher is like Adam Sandler in Little Nicky (now, I haven't actually seen this movie)...he's EVIL, but not quit the Devil himself.
Plus, he's mainly just a giant douche bag tool! :)

Kristina said...

Yeah... Phillies/Yankees isn't idea... but it's a hell of a lot better than Yankees/Dodgers. If that had happened I might wonder exactly what Baseball had done to offend God.