A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Friday, February 12, 2010

HAPPY NICK PUNTO DAY!

Today is the blog world's official Nick Punto Day! (I did not come up with Nick Punto Day, Andrew Kneeland from Twins Target did.) Whether you love Little Nicky Punto, or you don't like him at all, there is a place for all of us on Nick Punto Day! I love Nicky Punto.

How could you not love a man who admits to loving not just Ho-Hos, but also Twinkies, Ding Dongs, and the Hostess Cupcakes?
It's also pretty obvious that I like Nick Punto when I determined that falling (toe-side) while snowboarding head first, was "Nick Punto-ing it". It's amazing how many people know what you're talking about when you phrase it that way.
Nicky does this (top image):
I do this (bottom image/s):

Nick Punto's name is also tons of fun to play Marco Polo with while at Twins games. Katie learned this quickly last season. Now it's much more than just random fun, it's our ritual for when Nicky is up to bat. (One person says "Nicky"...the other follows with "Punto".)

Check out the wonderful story of How Nick Punto Came to Be that THOSE girls wrote.

So in honor of Nick Punto Day, today, I'm going to go to Target Field (for an interview for PT ticket sales) and Monday, I'm going to Nick Punto it while snowboarding. I surely hope he appreciate my efforts.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Nick Punto Day!! Just remember...what would Nick Punto do?

6 comments:

Heidi said...

nick punto day really puts a smile on my face.

Betsy said...

mine too! :) makes me giggle a little too

On the road with.... said...

in 2006, When I'd enter a bar, I'd just shout PUNTO, and people would know I was there. :)

Betsy said...

On the road with...
LOVE it!

NoDak Twins Fan said...

I love the head first slide pictures. He's like Superman diving into first base

Betsy said...

NoDak Twins Fan - that's my favorite thing about Nick Punto! And it's really fun to use "Nick Puntoing it" whenever anyone goes headfirst slide...doing anything!