Wikipedia's Twins Nickname list (it's short, but wacky):
- Nick Blackburn: "Captain Blackburn of the Seven Sea
- Francisco Liriano "Franchise" "F-Bomb"
- Joe Mauer: "Chairman Mauer" or "Baby Jesus"
- Justin Morneau: "Paul Bunyan" or "Dr. Neau"
- Kevin Slowey: "Slow Mutant"
- Anthony Swarzak: "The Smokestack"
- Delmon Young: "Duh Duh Duh Delmon"
- Carl Pavano, "The Worthless Poo", "American Idle" (he was under the NY Yankees players)
Tonight, I think the Twins need to really step things up and show the Yankees that they really are in it to win it this year. They didn't win a single game last years against them, they more or less just let the Yankees walk all over them and the Twins were the Yankees bitches. I think this is a good year for redemption and to show the whole major league that we are in fact competitors and want to go all the way. I think they have the capability and the potential this year. Plus I think if the Tigers can beat the Yankees (more than one game) that the Twins can do that too, and do it bigger and better than the Tigers.
Tonight's Match-up: Scott Baker (4-2; 4.57 ERA) vs. A.J. Burnett (4-1; 3.40 ERA). Here's hoping for a successful night for Twins players in our line up. More after this weekend's series. I hope to give out 3 Stars of the Series again since the haven't WON the last two, merely split both of those series (yes, I know the one is slightly jaded and either was a sweep, split or swept series). GO TWINS and Go Timmy!!