A girls view of baseball...knowing the game, loving the game, and loving and appreciating the boys who play the game.

All photos are ©Betsy Bissen (unless otherwise noted) Do not use without permission.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Approaching the All-Star Break

The All Star game is just around the corner marking the end of the first half of the season for baseball. It's hard to believe this much has passed already. It's unfortunate that the Twins won't likely be at a .500 winning record going into the All-Star break, but thankfully they aren't the worst team in baseball anymore. As of today, there are 6 teams that have worse records than us! In my eyes, that's progress.


The next three home stands the Twins have after the All-Star break will really be telling. First Kansas City, Cleveland and the Detroit. We need big series wins to gain some ground in our division. At this point, I think most teams in the AL Central, have a decent shot. Plus previous years' history, would back that theory up.

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to see the Twins in Milwaukee. It's definitely a different experience. I've learned, I'm not the biggest fan of Brewers fans. A lot of them that I experienced, were rude, extremely loud and drunks. (disclaimer: this does not apply to ALL Brewers fans, just quite a few I encountered.) I had a couple drunk kids Saturday night that tried to high-five me in the face; had rude drunk guys screaming (so loud their voices cracked every time they yelled) in my ears on Friday night. Sunday was the best day as far as fans. I can't say that it would be a trip I would make again. I did however get some great pictures (one of Michael Cuddyer that even he found funny.) that I'll share in this post. (Pictures below)

On the 4th of July, I had the opportunity to sit in one of the Event Suites thanks to Kristina and Ben from Peanuts From Heaven. It was incredible and we all had such a great time! I am very thankful they asked me if I wanted to go.

Peanuts From Heaven writers and myself.

For those of you in the cities, feel free to join myself and Fan HQ at Bunny's in St. Louis Park for the All-Star game viewing party! Here are the details:

Michael Cuddyer All-Star Game Viewing Party

Bunny's Sports Bar - St. Louis Park, MN

5916 Excelsior Boulevard

Seating begins at 6:30pm and the game starts at 7:00pm.

Admission to this family-friendly event is free and Bunny's will provide FREE hot dogs, chips and popcorn from 6:30-7:30. There will be giveaways and prize drawings throughout the game.

The first 24 people* to arrive will receive an All-Star gift bag with a limited edition Cuddy t-shirt, gift certificates, coupons, and more. Michael Cuddyer autographed cards will be randomly inserted in the gift bags!

Hope to see a bunch of people there! It'll be a lot of fun!

Now, pictures.

I think Luke busted me taking his picture.

Joe NOT a natural at second base.

Butera



the awful pencil I kept score with...and what I did to it. haha


Cuddyer. He signed this pic and wrote "Nice Shot" on it.

Valencia


One of my fav pics I got (and it's not cause of their butts)



This was a ball somebody drew on in "Autograph Alley"

View from their version of the Legends Club (NYCE Club)



Drew got hit in the cookies.

Wieners!

Our last chance for hope in Milwaukee.

Feel free to check out all the pics from my trip to Milwaukee on my facebook page:

3 comments:

MMoments said...

So I just now discovered your blog, which I wish I would have much sooner since it is...well amazing. I have to admit I may like it the most because of the awesome Butera pictures, but the whole thing is awesome! Going through and reading almost every post. Go Twins

Betsy said...

Aww thanks! I have plenty of Drew pictures and I'll keep them coming! :)
Make sure to find the post from baseball unplugged last year with Drew, Delmon and Cuddy. There are some cute ones of Drew there.
Thanks for reading!

World Of Warcraft Gold said...

It is to use 'legal cheats'. There are literally hundreds of exploits or cheats in the game that allow you to jump ahead of your friends and neighbors and dominate the game. Your friends will all become very jealous and start begging you for your secrets Buy Runescape Gold! Now there isn't enough room in this article to list all of these exploits but I will tell you this.